Integrate Online: Career Boost was a three-week virtual event series hosted by WVU Marketing Communications Online Graduate Programs. Session included workshops focused on building your portfolio site, improving personal LinkedIn pages and how to begin a freelancing career or start your own business.
Missed a sessions? Here is a recap of what our guest speakers discussed:
Original session hosted on 6/23 featuring Erin Fields & Nathan Pieratt
- Identify your personal brand and ensure your portfolio reflects it.
- Make sure your website conveys a strong message and catches a viewers interest within the first 30 seconds they are on the site.
- Highlight content you are passionate about and can speak strongly about.
- Think of your portfolio as a living document, make a schedule for updating it on a regular basis.
Original session hosted on 6/30 featuring Bridgette Borst Ombres & Neal Stewart
- Set objectives for your page, whether they are based on connections, profile views or thought-leadership status.
- Publish content regularly including blogs and professional updates.
- Constantly engage with your network. Congratulate others on their professional accomplishments, tag others in relevant blogs and utilize messaging features to set up in-person or video meetings.
Original session hosted on 7/7 featuring Jessica Modkins & Daylyn Presely
- Foster positive relationships and identify strong mentors.
- Identify your specialty and utilize it to attract clients who identify with your niche.
- Always put your reputation first, prioritize your values and positive relationships above all else.
- Be a life-long student, constantly seek new opportunities for learning and skill development.