Meet the Newest Fall 2021 WVU Data Marketing Communications Students

Each semester the WVU Marketing Communications online programs is excited to welcome a new group of individuals into the MCNetwork. The WVU Marketing Communications graduate student population consistently varies in their levels of experience and expertise, with some just completing their undergraduate studies to those holding senior-leadership positions at the world’s most elite agencies and brands. Each students brings unique style and perspective to the program.

Meet some of the students who will be joining the WVU Marketing Communications Network in the fall semester:

Chris HartChris Hart
M.S. Data Marketing Communications
Illinois Public Affairs Officer for the United States Dept. of Agriculture for Rural Development, Owner of Hart Divers International, LLC

What are your interests outside of marketing?

My passion outside the office is exploring the Earth's deepest frontier by technical scuba diving the Great Lakes Shipwrecks and North Florida Cave systems.

Why did you choose to pursue the M.S. Data Marketing Communications program?

I believe Data will be the future of marketing as we all continue to move forward—the days of creating drawn-out marketing plans on a hunch are over, considering we now have the tools to make ethical decisions on how we market our business for our consumers and clients. Nevertheless, the ability to harness and aggregate stakeholder data is paramount, and WVU will give us those tools to be competitive in the workspace or running our agencies.

What are you most looking forward to throughout your studies?

The discussions with thought-provoking professors and colleagues as we set course for this new marketing space.

What class are you most excited to take?

Can I say all? All jokes aside, I believe DMC 671 Data Management Platforms and DMC 661 Audience Segmentation will be beneficial.

How do you hope your degree will advance your career after graduation?

Any higher education opens one's mind to new and exciting opportunities so, I take that approach to my personal, educational journey. Will this help young marketers on their journey—of course—but I am more interested in the path than the result.

Luisa ArbelaezLuisa Arbelaez
M.S. Data Marketing Communications
Hispanic Communications Network

Communications.

I want to learn in depth how data can tell us a story and give us a better idea of how people think and behave.

As a Colombian American immigrant, for the past three years, I have focused professionally on serving the Hispanic and wider immigrant communities. I strongly believe I can contribute to reach

more audiences to benefit more people with content that seeks to positively impact Latino communities.

Campaign Planning and Programmatic Media Buying.

As a millennial, I have had the opportunity to experience closely the nuances that social media has brought to our lives. Marketing in digital media is such a powerful tool that I see as an opportunity to massively distribute information that can educate and generate positive social change.

Mary Padilla

Mary Padilla
M.S. Data Marketing Communications
Evaluation Team at the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, Owner Thought Campo, LLC

I am my family's historian. I enjoy digging into the past and learning about my family's ancestors and our genealogy. I like streaming crime drama series, all kinds of movies and I love reading, especially historical nonfiction. I'm a big fan of our Kansas City sports teams, too!

I am a storyteller at heart. Have a seat next to me, and I'll tell you a story. I am a communications professional with years of experience in a variety of industries where I've created narratives on the client and agency side. I'm fascinated with data insights and sharing those, so they inspire an "aha" moment.

I am excited to learn more about creating data narratives and developing new communications skills to help others comprehend what that data means.

I think DMC 680 Data Marketing Communications Campaigns will be a fun culmination to my master's. The description reminds me of my undergrad advertising campaigns class, which was the last class for my bachelor’s degree. It was intense, but my team aced it!

Organizations are becoming more and more data driven. I expect that what I learn will be vital to a team seeking those skills to communicate with its stakeholders.

Be part of our next class by inquiring today! Our enrollment specialist is happy to help you figure out which program is best for you. Request more information.

Subscribe to the Blog     Tune into the Podcast

View Upcoming Integrate Online Sessions