Meet the Marketing Communications Class of Fall 2020

Class of Fall 2020

Each semester the WVU Marketing Communications program is excited to welcome a new group of individuals into the MCNetwork. The WVU Marketing Communications graduate student population consistently varies in their levels of experience and expertise, with some just completing their undergraduate studies to those holding senior-leadership positions at the worlds most elite agencies and brands. Each students brings unique style and perspective to the program.

Meet some of the students who will be joining the WVU Marketing Communications Network in the early fall semester:

Kaity Amado

Kaity Amador

M.S. Integrated Marketing Communications

Creative Strategies, Marketing Recruitment Graduate Assistant for WVU Housing Residence Life

What are your interests outside of Marketing Communications?

Outside of Marcom, I love to bake, travel, listen to music and spend time with my cat! I am also a huge true crime buff and love to listen to podcasts and watch documentaries on the subject.

Why did you choose to pursue a WVU Marketing Communications graduate degree?

I recently graduated from WVU with my BSBAD where I majored in marketing. In undergrad, I learned about marketing from a business perspective but with the IMC program, I will be able to learn about marketing from a communications standpoint. Pursuing my degree in IMC is a personal investment that will help me become a well-rounded marketer and understand every element of the field.

What are you most looking forward to throughout your studies?

I am most looking forward to working with a real-world client. This real-world application of my knowledge will be an invaluable experience and help me sharpen my skills. I also look forward to getting to learn about my professors and peers and what they do in the world of marketing!

How do you hope your degree will advance your career after graduation?

I hope that this degree will help give me a competitive edge over other marketers and help me find a specific area of marketing that I thrive in. I’m excited to have the opportunity to be a part of such a fantastic program and cannot wait to apply what I learn to my current and future positions!

Mckenzie Hall

McKenzie Hall

M.S. Data Marketing Communications

WVU Online, Social Media Specialist

Hiking (being outdoors in general), reading, spending time with my pup.

I chose to pursue my M.S. in Data Marketing because I've had an interest in data and how to analyze it since I was in undergrad, and taught myself everything I know about it and wanted to expand upon that knowledge and learn from people who are experts in it, and can teach me more than what I taught myself. Data analytics plays an important role in my current position and I want to be able to formulate better social media plans than what I've been doing while applying certain data.

Just learning again. I've missed learning since I graduated in 2018, and do a lot of reading on industry trends and how to apply them to what I do.

I hope that I can move into a more data-driven role and move into consulting work.

Interested in growing your career with a master's degree in Data, Digital or Integrated Marketing Communications? Request more information today!

Subscribe to the Blog          Tune into the Podcast

View Upcoming Integrate Online Sessions