Alumni Spotlight: Meet Kelly Martin, M.S. IMC with an AOE in Higher Education Marketing

WVU IMC Alumni Spotlight on Kelly Martin

Meet Kelly Martin, M.S. IMC alum with an area of emphasis in Higher Education Marketing. Since graduating in 2020, she has become the Assistant Director of Communications at The University of Texas at Austin. Join Kelly as she discusses her experience in the WVU M.S. IMC program.

My IMC degree has helped me gain confidence in my abilities. Kelly Martin, M.S. IMC 2020
Kelly Martin, M.S. IMC

Kelly Martin

M.S. Integrated Marketing Communications with an AOE in Higher Education Marketing, 2020
Assistant Director of Communications at The University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX

Why did you choose the WVU Marketing Communications online programs? 

I picked the WVU IMC online program for the flexibility and for the chance to have a graduate assistantship and work experience at WVU. I knew it could take my career to the next level

How has this degree helped you in your career?

My IMC degree has helped me gain confidence in my abilities. Some of the most interesting projects I completed during the program have directly related to what I currently do in my everyday job.

Kelly Martin

Tell me about one faculty member who really made a difference in your education. 

Professor Warner, who taught Multicultural Marketing, was one of my favorite educators during the IMC program. His feedback and constant encouragement made my week every time!

What advice do you have for prospective students?

The IMC program at WVU is what you make of it! If you're active in weekly discussions and show that you're a team player, you can build a community — or network — of great people inside and outside of the classroom.

Are you a WVU Marketing Communications alum and are interested in being featured in our Marketing Communications Today blog? Submit your information here

Interested in growing your career with a master's degree in Data, Digital or Integrated Marketing Communications? Request more information today!

Subscribe to the Blog     Tune into the Podcast

View Upcoming Integrate Online Sessions