Alumni Spotlight: Meet Mara Lambert, M.S. Integrated Marketing Communications

Alumni Spotlight with Mara Lambert, M.S. IMC 2019

Meet Mara Lambert, M.S. Integrated Marketing Communications alum. Since graduating in 2019, she has become the Senior Communications Representative at Mountaineer Gas Company in Charleston, WV. Join Mara as she discusses her experience in the WVU M.S. IMC program.

"If not for my B.S. in PR and my M.S. in IMC, I would not have been able to land my dream job of being the lead communications professional for a large corporate company before I turned 30." Mara Lambert, M.S. IMC 2019
Mara Lambert

Mara Lambert

M.S. Integrated Marketing Communications, 2019
Senior Communications Representative at Mountaineer Gas Company
Charleston, WV

Tell us a little bit about yourself!

I am a two-time WVU grad, 2014 and 2019. I am married with a little girl and was recently hired by Mountaineer Gas Company to serve as their senior communications representative, meaning I am in charge of all internal and external communications as well as being the spokeswoman for the company.

Why did you choose the WVU Marketing Communications Online Programs?

My undergraduate degree was so rewarding that I chose to continue with WVU.

How has this degree helped you in your career?

If not for my B.S. in PR and my M.S. in IMC, I would not have been able to land my dream job of being the lead communications professional for a large corporate company before I turned 30.

What is the best lesson you learned from the program?

Every single little detail matters.

Tell me about one faculty member who really made a difference in your education.

Dr. Geah Pressgrove has been in my corner since she was my capstone professor in 2014. She has cheered me on, mentored me and truly prepared me for the real world.

Why would you recommend the M.S. Marketing Communications programs?

The faculty is amazing, the courses are exciting and it truly prepares you for the real world.

What advice do you have for prospective students?

Stay in touch with your professors.

Stay in touch with your classmates.

Are you a WVU Marketing Communications alum and are interested in being featured in our Marketing Communications Today blog? Submit your information here!

Interested in growing your career with a master's degree in Data, Digital or Integrated Marketing Communications? Request more information today!

Subscribe to the Blog     Tune into the Podcast

View Upcoming Integrate Online Sessions